Monday, November 8, 2010

Black Men & Self Hate



Just had something on my mind that is just mind boggling to me, so here it is...


When I hear black men talking or even read articles about what types of women that they are attracted to, *most*(not all) are always talking about how they prefer a red boned sister or even a Latin or Mediterranean looking type of woman over their own kind. The reason they always give for their preference is that, "I want cute children with good hair". Wow, so in other words these black men dont think that black women are beautiful or good enough to procreate with. And these same men were raised by black women, and they have black sisters, aunts, and cousins. So what's the problem? Everyone has a preference of who they would like to date. But if its because you dont want your offspring to look African American than you may have a major problem. Just remember that just because you have a child by someone of another race or a person that may be mixed does not mean that the child will come out with lighter skin, straighter hair, or European features. So stop hating yourself and except yourself as a person. The ignornance has got to stop. I targeted men, but women are guilty of this just as well.

I have dated out of my race a couple of times. And because I have darker skin and curly hair, I was appreciated and accepted for who I am as a person. I find it funny because I had a black man tell me once that I was nasty for dating out of my race ad that I am a sell-out. Really? But when they do it it's all good.

I find it crazy that a man of another race will love what a man of my own race despises. Then men wonder why black women run around here with blond weaves down their backs, lace front wigs on, stay in the Doobie Salon burning out all their hair follicles under the dryer trying to have straight hair, get nose jobs, and the list goes on and on and on. Then these same men are quick to call these same woman *fake* then turn around and say where are all of my real women? SMH....


Copyright October 2010

Just my own thoughts... I just read an article that sort of set me off....
Follow me on Twitter @ Ms_Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment